A LITTLE ABOUT US
For over forty years, The Professional Center for Child Development (PCCD) has worked with families in Northeastern Massachusetts to improve the lives and educational gains of thousands of children with special needs. Our staff bring a variety of educational backgrounds and experiences to our team. Many hold Bachelor’s degrees in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, and Nursing. Others hold advanced degrees including Master’s degrees in Social Work, Speech Language Pathology, and Occupational Therapy and Ph.Ds in Physical Therapy. We are new college graduates and also professionals who have been a part of our team for over twenty years.
The kind of work we do attracts people who are smart, caring, and kind. The most important thing we all have in common, though, is a commitment to the children and families we serve. All of which means we get to do meaningful work, every day, with a bunch of the nicest people we know.
BENEFITS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We value our staff’s important contributions, and show it by offering a comprehensive benefits program, including:
- Family-friendly flexible schedules: full-time, part-time, and per diem positions
- Medical and dental insurance – Individual, Two Person, and Family coverage through Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Care and Delta Dental – PCCD shares the cost
- Life and disability insurance – provided by PCCD at no cost to staff
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Professional development and training reimbursement program
- A supportive team environment, including a formal Mentoring Program within our Early Intervention Program. Have student loans? Our status as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit human service organization means that working for us may make you eligible for some types of federal loan forgiveness programs (please see studentaid.ed.gov for more information)